The website destinationdaz.com contains affiliate links as referred to below. Should you decide to make a purchase via these links then I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) this website controls or processes any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases:
If it is determined by this website that the lawful basis upon which it processes your personal information changes, then you will be notified about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. This website will stop processing your personal information and data if a lawful basis no longer applies.
YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
Under the GDPR your individual rights are as follows:
– The right to be informed
– The right of access to the information we hold about you
– The right of rectification such as amending inaccuracies and updating your personal information
– The right to erasure by having your personal information deleted or forgotten
– The right to restrict processing
– The right to data portability
– The right to object including opting out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in this website’s emails, or requesting removal from this website’s email lists
– The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
– The right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, if you feel there is a problem with the way this website is handling your data.
This website handles subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Users of this website should be aware of the potential for the website needing to retain limited information and data for record keeping purposes, or when necessary to conclude transactions or to comply with legal requirements.
AN EXPLANATION OF THE INFORMATION AND DATA WHICH MAY BE COLLECTED BY THIS WEBSITE, AND OF HOW THAT INFORMATION IS USED
1) Information Voluntarily Provided By You; the website user:
When your use of this website involves you in submitting limited personal information including your name and email address to this website by lodging comments, agreeing to subscribe to newsletters and promotions, submitting a contact form, or creating a user profile this website may retain that information based upon its voluntary submission.
Wherever a user profile is created requiring the submission of a username and password, this website will store your username, but will never display any password on the website itself or in the website’s records.
2) Information Received From Other Sources:
Should you elect to create a user profile and link that to any of the social media you use, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, or to your Google account this website will automatically be furnished with any profile picture, name and email address which you have linked to that account.
This website incorporates links to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest and invites comments thereon. Where this occurs any profile picture will appear.
3) Information Collected Automatically Through Your Use Of This website:
As you use it this website will retain details about your use of the website including your IP address, pages viewed, links clicked on, the operating system you use, the dates, times and regularity of you accessing the website, the type of browser you use, and the details of any other website from which you were directed to this one.
4) Internet Cookies:
Cookies can be utilised by some third party services, including in the case of this website by Google Analytics as detailed within this policy.
THE WAYS IN WHICH THIS WEBSITE MAY USE ANY INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU
– In the maintenance and operation of the website.
– In the creation of your access account as a recognised user of the website, and in adapting the website/your access to it to meet with your particular requirements and interests.
– In order that this website may send you newsletters and other promotional information. Appropriate opportunities will be provided to enable users to opt out of future incoming communications of this type.
– In order that this website may furnish users with user assistance/support and answers to enquiries and observations; and to provide you with updates, potential security alerts, confirmation emails including opt out opportunities, and other administrative communications.
THE WAYS IN WHICH THIRD PARTIES MAY USE ANY INFORMATION THIS WEBSITE HAS COLLECTED FROM YOU
– Where your consent is explicitly given this website may share your information with third parties.
– In order to facilitate the operation of the various activities of this website third party service providers may be used. The use of your information by such organisations is dictated by their individual privacy policies.
– This website may as necessary from time to time expand its list of used third party service providers, but at this time the third party service providers utilised are as below:
Under the GDPR this website uses the ‘’consent lawful’’ basis for anyone subscribing to its newsletter, email updates or marketing mailing list. Any email marketing messages are sent to users via the Mailchimp email marketing service (EMS) provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that enables marketers to dispatch marketing campaigns and communications to a list of users.
Users’ names and email addresses are stored to facilitate the delivery of such communications.
Where a user subscribes to receive newsletters, which can themselves include marketing material, such newsletters may contain tracking markers enabling an analysis of personal interests, marketing interests, and links clicked within the newsletter; thus enabling future communications to be tailored to a user’s interests. There will be no disclosure of information so gleaned.
b) Google Analytics, and similar third party tracking systems
Such operations are used to track usage of this website and furnish data including user activities on the website, and the details of referring websites.
Email communication and marketing messages sent from this website may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links and other similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as times, dates, IP addresses, opens and topic interests, clicks, forwards, and geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity of a subscriber user in response to an email, marketing campaign or other communication.
Any email marketing or other communication messages sent by this website are provided in accordance with the GDPR. This website provides a clear method for users to withdraw their consent (unsubscribe) or manage preferences and the information this website holds about you. Please see any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage preferences including the information this website holds about you. You can unsubscribe from all Mailchimp lists by following this link (http:// /blog/cyber-security/my-cyber/unsubscribe-from-all-global-mailchimp-lists.php), or contacting the EMS provider.
Occasionally anonymous data which avoids identifying users specifically may be furnished to third parties for marketing purposes; such potentially including data derived from cookies and analytics.
DATA SECURITY AND PROTECTION
This website ensures the security of any personal information held by using secure data storage technologies and procedures meeting the GDPR compliance requirement.
Save where it is a legal requirement this website will never sell or otherwise disseminate a user’s email address or other personal information without consent.
PUBLICALLY VIEWABLE INFORMATION
Should users create a profile some of the included information may be publically visible. The creation of a profile will demand the inclusion of an individual specific username and password, and the inclusion of that user’s email address to verify identification. A user’s email will not be disseminated publicly on the website. Any profile details/narrative, avatar, links to that user’s own website and social media may be visible to other users.
SPONSORED LINKS, AFFILIATE TRACKING AND COMMISSIONS
This website from time to time may contain adverts and sponsored and affiliate links on some pages. SHOULD A USER MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH THESE LINKS I (destinationdaz) WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION, BUT THIS IS ALWAYS AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO THE USER. SHOULD A USER MAKE SUCH A PURCHASE, ANY COMMISION EARNED ASSISTS IN MAINTAINING THIS WEBSITE AND FUNDING THE EXPERIENCES OF WHICH I TRY TO WRITE. I AM VERY GRATEFUL IF THROUGH THIS A USER MAKES ANY SUCH PURCHASES, AND HOPE THEY PROVE SUCCESSFUL FOR THAT USER.
On occasions this website may seek to achieve remarketing and broaden its user footprint through third party participants including social media and internet platforms. Each of these will likely utilise cookies and limited data retention to deliver marketing based upon an individual user’s past site usage.
Where the website uses advertising or affiliate marketing, clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track a user’s actions by placing a cookie on their browser; recording such actions as a referral from this website enabling sales to be tracked for the purposes of commission payment.